MOTOR SPORTS CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY INVOLVE INJURY OR DEATH
You must read and agree to the following in order to be permitted on restricted areas of the circuit.
AGREEMENT, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & UNDERSTANDING
In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the event (including acting as an event official), I agree:
• to release The British Drift Championship (“BDC”) , promoters, sponsor organisations, land owners and lessees, organisers of the event, their
respective servants, officials, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Associated Entities”) from all liability for my death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage) (“harm”) howsoever arising from my participation in or attendance at the event, except to the extent prohibited by law;
• that BDC and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or express, that the event services will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and
• to attend or participate in the event at my own risk.
I acknowledge that:
• the risks associated with attending or participating in the event include the risk that I may suffer harm as a result of:
• motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, persons or property;
• acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and • the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the event. • motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I also acknowledge and agree that I have been fully instructed in my duties and am familiar with the activities associated with being an official. I understand that this disclaimer is not intended to exclude any valid claim by an official under the BDC Personal Accident Insurance Scheme.
I will at all times remain behind the protective barrier provided unless directed otherwise by my senior officials, or if my specific duties require it, and then only for the minimum time required to carry out those duties.
I declare that I am medically and physically fit and free from impairment and able to carry out normal duties expected of the position I will hold at the Event.
I declare that I am familiar with the requirements and activities of a BDC official.
I agree to participate in and fully complete, to the satisfaction of BDC, all training programs conducted by BDC and associated with my involvement with the Event.
I am willing to submit myself to the controls and restrictions applied to all officials at the Event.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by BDC and the Associated Entities.